The Steering Committee is responsible for formulating strategic recommendations relating to Conference's matters including objectives and desired outcome of the conference, programme, logistical arrangements, communication as well as side event organizations. The Steering Committee formulates its recommendations based on inputs from the High-level Consultative Committee, the International Advisory Committee and the Academic Expert Group.
The Steering Committee is composed of representatives from Sweden, international government organizations (IGOs) as well as non-state actors. The list of organizations serving in the Steering Committee is shown in the list below.
- European Commission
- FIA Foundation
- Global Alliance of NGOs
- International Road Assessment Program (iRAP)
- International Transport Forum, OECD
- Towards Zero Foundation
- Transport Research Centre
- UN Special Envoy for Road Safety
- World Bank
- World Health Organization
- World Resources Institute